Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A break from the Hoop

Things have been crazy.

Usually when things get crazy I amp up my hoop time to clear my mind and laugh through the stress. But sheesh.. recently I have barely had time to think - let alone hoop!

It's been almost 2 weeks! I think that is probably the longest I have gone sans hoop for all of 2009. It's strange what being without the hoop can do. For the first few days it actually felt refreshing in a way - kind of the "eureka moment" effect. Distancing yourself from something can give you new insight and ideas. I was daydreaming about tricks, sequences, flow... I was happy to get a break from the routine I almost habitually was doing. So, at first... it was nice.

But now I am feeling kind of glum.

I miss my hoops...

I am a total cheese head for saying so... but I feel like a part of me is missing.

Hooping is not like anything else. It is a time when I can forget the lists, should's, to-do's, what's next... and just, be. in. the. moment.

I love being busy. Going out. Getting things done. Challenging myself and all that jazz - but, hooping is something just for me. I miss that. Another odd part about all this is that hoops are still taking up a lot of my time. But it's time that is not truly for me - I am teaching, making and selling hoops - which, I love - but, it is not the same as clearing a space for yourself to let loose and get lost.

Thankfully, as this week zooms along and the next one comes to a close things shooould be getting back to normal.

Soon I will have a big yard. A vast collection of hoops. and... most importantly, the time to enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment